Saturday, January 2, 2010

Two Zero One Zero



I rang in the new year with a yummy dinner at a local Greek restaurant and then a house full of friends.


I decorated with tons of paper cut triangles, spirals and a couple of giant Happy New Year banners--inspired by Matisse. It was a magical night with a balloon drop and a midnight toast!



Well, I guess I should reflect over the year...so I am making a list of some of my favorite blog posts and artwork from the year. I hope you enjoy looking back as much as I have enjoyed writing this post!

Looking back on 2009
1. One little word for 2009: Inspire (mid-year-ish)
2. Made Project 52 work for me
3. Made a lot of butterfly and cupcake (more here) cards
4. Participated in a lot of online challenges
5. Turned 26
6. Started a summer stamping swap club
7. Preserved my baby book
8. Listed 99 things I have/haven't done....
9. Celebrated my 1-year-blog anniversary
10. Fell in love with Holga (more here here here and here)
11. Tried to be more organized (one of my goals for the year!)
12. Went to CKC baby!! (finished mini album)
13. Went camping
14. Went to St. Louis---six flags, roller derby, St. Charles
15. Thought that I had my identity stolen
16. Fell in love with my D500...and started a photography business
17. Realized that I could wear stylish aprons at school and make my outfits a million times cuter
18. Started hosting themed crops
19. Got an iPhone and fell in love with it
20.I was pretty much obsessed with owls.
21. Went to St. Charles in the fall
22. Had so much fun at my friend Daniel's wedding
23. Made a Where the Wild Things Are tape installation in my classroom (and pretty much fell in love with anything wild)
24. Went to KNOB
25. Started an Etsy shop
26. Started drawing a bit
27. Made all of my own Christmas cards
28. Admitted to being a Twilight fan
29. Celebrated my new nephew: Team JACOB!!
30. Took an online class: Blogging for Scrapbookers
31. Started having Wednesday Parades
32. Made my own polaroid garland

And now for a few words about the future:

Looking ahead to 2010
1. Give back more. My main goal for this year is to do more volunteering. I want to give more of my energy, time and money to people who really need it.
2. One little word: GIVE
This year, my one little word will be give. It is such an easy thing to do. I feel like I have a lot of things I can give to my students, friends and family...but also to those who are really in need. This goal should be measurable and even if it isn't something I can do every day or week, I know that I will reap the many benefits of giving...generosity, spreading random acts of kindness...it is important to me this year.
3. I want to continue with project 52. I ordered another journal and I intend to do it again. I will probably include more photo collages printed on cardstock from Picnik....maybe one every week or for major events.
4. Write more quality blog posts
5. Continue my card swap club--super fun!
6. Host a scrapbooking retreat: Nelliepalooza (in April for my birthday). I live in Joplin Missouri...if you are interested in finding out more please email me or leave a comment, it is going to be awesome!
7. Travel. I am planning a trip over spring break to Las Vegas for a few days and then over to Lake Havasu to visit my brother and new nephew--YAY!! I can't wait!
8. Concerts. I want to see more live music. Period.
9. Really work on crocheting. I want to be able to crochet stuff.
10. Make some clothes, bags and other accessories using my new sewing machine. I really want to get good at sewing...maybe make some stuff for my Etsy shop.
11. Photography. I want a Fujifilm mini 7 instant camera. Bad. I also want to work on taking more photos with Holga....and I want to invest in more equipment so that I can do some senior pictures, family pictures and kids photos for a profit....
12. Cook more. I truly enjoy cooking a beautiful meal. I typed all of my favorite recipes into a book for my sister for Christmas. I am going to print out a copy for myself and add to it throughout the year.


Okay so that is all I have for now...those are the things that I find most important to reflect on and look ahead to this month. Hope your year has started out with much love!!

Today is a Palindrome: 01022010 LOVE IT!! :-)

5 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Your top photo rawks! I don't comment much on your blog, but I love your style. It's so fresh.
Rinda

Sarah said...

Woohooo so colorful!!! LOVE that top photo.
How cool I didn't even notice the date is a palindrome!!

Lindsay Harrison said...

I want to start designing and sewing handbags! We should learn how to do that this year! 2010 is going to be a great year!

sharyncarlson said...

Love the pics, especially that self portrait! Gorgeous! And I have to tell you I was reading through some of the older posts you linked and was laughing out loud about the mistaken identity theft because it EXACTLY how I would have reacted ;) Wishing you the best for your 2010 goals!

Geek+Nerd said...

Your decor is fabulous! Happy New Year!