Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thrifting the weekend away.....

Last weekend was so nice! Well, it was rainy and foggy...but I stayed up late crafting and slept really late...I also got some great finds at thrifty shops around town. Here are some of my favorite finds:

This owl was gold...I turned him green...lime green...isn't he so cool!!! I am still trying to find the perfect place for him.


These owls are going in my bathroom...on a shelf...they will look so cool in there!





Okay...I have wanted to create some spray painted birds every since I saw the idea over at Rachie's Place. Read more here.



In addition to all the cutie birds, I also found a box of vintage fabric at the flea market.....for $10...these are my favorites:

I already used that green polka dot stuff on my colored pencil sketchbook!

But there are tons of them....perfect for practicing my new sewing skills....

...and she even threw in some really cool quilt blocks!


Well, I hope you are having a great weekend too!!

3 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

I really want to go thrifting to find some hearts for valentine decor.
rinda

sharyncarlson said...

I seriously love those owls!

Sarah said...

I LOVE your owls and birds....too funny one of my DT gals on Unscripted does the same thing...goes and gets owls and then alters them...you should see her owl pic she did with owl stamps..Hollie over at Momiiji's madness
http://sweetmomiji.blogspot.com/