Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Week One "Project 52"



Here is my Project 52 Album. Everything on the cover is from the Close to My Heart Silhouette Level 1 paper pack. I embossed the numbers and cut them out before I adhered them to the sticker. I covered the entire 'medallion' with liquid glass to keep the letters from getting ripped off. I didn't want the cover to be too busy because I have bad luck with really 'scrappy' stuff falling apart.


This 52-Week calendar is from Close to My Heart. It is perfect for this project. I am sure I won't fill up every SINGLE day, sometimes I may just write--really busy!!---or make a color copy of my planner and paste it on for that week.



The first inside page uses the same paper pack and a picture I took in December.


Well, this isn't hard to keep up with so far. I am not doing anything too strenuous each week of the year, just jotting down a few things and each day and making a one page layout. I decided to put "INSPIRE" on the very first page so that I would remember my WORD for the year every time I flip through the book.


I figure that I won't be able to complete some pages until the next month because I won't have any of my pictures developed. I tend to get about 3-4 months developed at a time. This may make it a little bit tricky to keep on top of things, but not every 'layout' has to have pictures. Some of my layouts will be collages with poems or lists or journal writing. I am leaving room on the 'week' side for small 'inchie' pictures and creations. I don't want this to be too bulky.


You can check out the other Project 52 layouts on the Flickr sight.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

What a great project! ...and I love what you've done with it so far - totally lovely!!

Lisa Brown said...

Nellie, this is awesome! What a great idea! Love your first layout! I need to get busy on mine!!!