10 Things to Know about Galveston:
1. In Galveston Texas it is nearly impossible to get lost.
2. The best way to see the Sea Wall Rd. is by bike.
3. You can get amazingly fresh sea food (and I'm not talking about Joe's crab shack)
4. The strand is a touristy place to shop, but there are some antique stores on Post Office road worth checking out.
5. The pleasure pier is a beautiful place to photograph
6. There is a lot of sea weed on the beach.
7. It is a city on stilts. Nearly all of the homes have been raised up. And most of them are beautifully painted in pastel colors!
8. It was hit by Hurricane Ike in 2008 but it is slowly rebuilding.
9. There are so many birds on the island....more than I remember seeing in Jamaica.
10. The free ferry is a great boat ride across the ship channel. Dolphins jump and birds flock around the boat.
All photos are from my iPhone. YAY!