I found lots of yummy looking ones and I basically followed the basic instructions from this blog: http://www.heatherchristo.com/
So, the ingredients with an asterisk are the things I added or changed from the link above, otherwise it is the same. SO YUMMY!!
Almond Joy Cookies, makes 40 cookies
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ½ cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 ½ bags chocolate chips (3 cups) (*I only had about 3/4 of a bag of mini chocolate chips)
- 2 cups peeled, slivered almonds (Some recipes suggest to toast the almonds, I did not do this)
- *2 tsp vanilla
- *Bag of Almond Joy Pieces (she didn't say to use these, but I wanted to use them so I did....it substituted for the fewer chocolate chips)
2)In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until creamy.
3)Add the eggs and beat until creamy
4)Meanwhile mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
5)Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir until you have a thick cookie dough.
6)Add the coconut, chocolate chips and almonds and mix until well combined.
7)Scoop the cookies onto the cookie sheets and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. (when you take the cookies out they should still be a bit doughy looking in the middle- they will stiffen up).