Wednesday, November 4, 2009

One Real Day


Yesterday's prompt for my class 'Blogging For Scrapbookers' challenged us to write about one really good day that we can remember. Wow. This was difficult for me. Not because it was difficult to think of a day, just difficult to write about it. You see, the best thing about my 'great day' is that it was normal. It was the sort of day that I wish I could have with my mom every time we are together.

It is one of the only memories I have like it. Even on that day, I was overwhelmed with tears because I was so happy for such a normal day. My mom and I have a lot of issues (I am sure many people can relate) and next week she is having a big surgery and I am probably going to have to help her a lot afterwards. I have been struggling with my feelings about it as I have a lot of resentment towards her, but I am going to do the best that I can because I know that it is what I should do.

I am sorry that I am being a little bit vague with this post, but I am sure more of the the story will be told over the next few weeks.


For this page, I typed the journaling in word and used mostly Earth Love for the embellishing.

5 comments:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

I loved your post and your layout! Great job - I'm still working on mine - always behind.... :)

Gennifer said...

Hopefully everything goes well with her surgery!

chksngr said...

GREAT layout. I love that you just said "issues." I relate to that statement all by itself with my dad!

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

I hope everything goes well with your mother's surgery. I love your banner photo! I am a classmate from Blogging for Scrapbookers.

Sara said...

I like the simple layout you have made, such a great place for the story.

Do hope you Mum is well after her surgery.