Sunday, August 16, 2009

Yo, Friend



Wooh, hooo!! Another challenge. I have been squeezing them in this weekend since I know I will be super busy next week. This card was inspired by the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge movie this week Sixteen Candles. The challenge was to use bright 80s colors on a birthday card! Yay!!!

I got to break out my old Lisa Frank stickers. I love stickers. I have tons of stickers, but since I started stamping, I rarely use any. It so was nice to use up some of my letter stickers this week. This card features some Hambly screenprinted paper as well as some leather Thickers. It was super fun to make! Enjoy!! (Oh, the 'Happy Birthday' is on the inside of the card, but it isn't in the pictures)


This is the kind of challenge that makes me want to keep making cards!!

6 comments:

Sankari W. said...

Nellie!!!! YAY!!!! So happy that you played along with us this week at Cinema Saturday!!! ANd Yo, your card is da bomb!!!! LOVE it - those colors and patterns and textures are totally 80'slicious!!! I know what you mean about the stickers - I have the same problem - thanks for inspiring me to break out my stickers!!!

Hope you are well Nellie!! Sending you lots of happy wishes!!!
big hugs!
Sankari :)

scrapperjulia said...

This is really cute! Love the colors and the heart, great job with the challenge!

Anonymous said...

I just love this card! As a product of the 80's I can totally appreciate the bright bright colors...and I totally remember the Lisa Frank stickers:)

Caryl P said...

This is SUCH an 80's card, I love it! Gotta find time to play.....

Meredith said...

Far out! I totally knew what challenge this card was for before you said. Awesome!

Carol Dunstan said...

oh my, that ribbon reminds me of the funky shoelaces we used to wear in teh 80's! Loce it!