Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hang in There Card

Wow-eeeee! Only one more week until school starts. I have a workshop, meetings and lots of other things going on this week so I thought I would write up some stuff to auto-post throughout the week and into next week. I have been busy making cards! Today I am going to make an apron to wear at school, I am super excited to use the sewing machine for this project so I will post some pictures as soon as it is finished.

Yesterday I was working on a couple of things and I just had to clear the junk off my desk so I started using up scraps and bits of this and that for some new cards. I found a little lion that was already flocked so I cut him out and added him to this card.

The background paper is from one of the new CTMH paper packs, Grace (available in Sept.). I like to buy samples of all the new paper and use it on cards so people can see lots of uses for it in person. The little pearls that are 'raindrops' are just gorgeous in person, I know I will be using those a lot. I hand-drew the cloud and used a polka-dot background stamp to give it some texture.

This is one of my favorite cards that I have made recently. Enjoy!!


CTMH Grace B&T paper
Life's A Jungle
Stampin' UP Ribbon

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ohhhh Nellie!!! I LOVE this card. I feel a CASE coming on. Using the pearls as rain ...brilliant!...Hand drawing such a perfect cloud....Priceless!