Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Thank you Card


I got a new stamp set last week and I was excited to use it over the weekend while trying out some new techniques I learned.

The first one is from scrapbook.com. In the video, I watched someone used the reverse side of a clear stamp. Hmmm....cool. First, I used Versamark, sweet leaf ink and clear embossing powder for the green stems and leaves. Then I stamped the reverse side of flower with 2nd generation blush ink and then the normal side, I used full ink. I added tulip ink for the smaller flower in the center. I wiped off the embossed green areas because they resisted the ink, keeping the green and pink from mixing.



The second one is from the Cosmo Cricket blog. I learned how to wrap embroidery thread around a 'snot dot' to make the middle of a flower. I also added a button, but I covered it with the little butterfly in the middle. I used a punch for the flower, and curled the petals up with my fingernail. I 'grounded' the flowers by using a blending pen in some brown ink. I also used a 1" circle punch on the edge of the colonial white cardstock to add some visual interest.

The paper, stamps and ink are Close to My heart. The butterfly punch is Martha Stewart.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This IS Gorgeous!