Thursday, April 2, 2009

50 is rounding a big corner....


For Tuesday's 365 card Challenge: I'm Rounding a Corner I decided to make a card for my boss. She is 50 this week and she is also retiring this year!!

This card features some stamping in the background. I tried to put use words that would encourage her to relax and lighten up as she looks forward to retirement. She is so young!!

The stamps are from Close to My Heart and the ink color is Tulip. (One of my new faves.) I also stamped some swirls in the background with Versamark and rubbed chalk over the entire area so that the stamped images would be a little darker than the softer pink of the cardstock. This is a really fun technique that I taught at a crop this weekend.

For the '50' I did some embossing on vellum. I used my coluzzle to cut out the circle and then paper pierced the edge. The crocheted ribbon, ric rac and velvet are from Making Memories. I love, love adding a hat pin to my cards. I also added a fancy silver brad from CTMH.



One really cool feature of this card is the clear embellishment. I used a heat tool to soften the plastic so that I could bend the petals and make them stick up. This was soo fun!! Other details include a button, a punched flower and corner rounded edges...since this is supposed to be part of the challenge...lol....

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

That is so fantabulous! So much detail. She will LOVE it!

~amy~ said...

FABulous card for your boss! Lucky duck for going out on early retirement...I'm going to have to work until I'm 100..lol...

Katie Paterson said...

Great card, love how you stamped the background with versamark and chalk!! great idea to keep it light!

Lisa Brown said...

awesome card for your boss, Nellie! I am sure she will love it!

Kristie Larsen said...

This is such a fabulous card. I Love the colors and the layout. Great job! I am sure she will love it!

Vicky said...

Fantastic card! Love that Tulip color! Great card for your boss!