Thursday, April 16, 2009

Home Gathering Cards!!

I had a really wonderful birthday yesterday. When I got home from school, I realized that my DH had taken the entire day off so he could stay home and put together a new organizational unit for my scrap room!! WHOA!! Awesome!! He surprised me by having it all put together and told me that when Michaels gets a new shipment in later this week, we could go get a few more pieces to make the organization complete!! YIPPPEEE!! I will post some pictures as soon as it is completely finished. What does your room/space/closet/cabinet look like? Mine space has transformed over the last few months. I completely took over our spare bedroom. We got rid of the bed, to make room for my new stuff!!

As for my birthday dinner...when we got to the restaurant, we realized that it was closed....The entire town (Over 40 min. away) was experiencing a city-wide black out because of a blown transformer!! :-( No king crab legs for our party of 8...so we headed back to our hometown to a back-up place which has Snow Crab legs on special Wednesday nights. We had a wonderful time eating and chatting. It was so great to spend the evening with some of my closest friends.

I told them about my 16th birthday. For some reason, the school's water wasn't working so every high school student boarded a bus bound for a gym at one of the elementary buildings. We got to spend the entire day hanging out in the bleachers, watching the jazz band and choir perform. I was actually in choir at the time (I switched to art the next year after my dad asked me if I was tone deaf!!). The school choir serenaded me with Happy Birthday in front of the entire student body. It was sooo cool!! So, sometimes things don't always work out, but sometimes they are even better because of some natural catastrophe.

Here are a couple of cards for a home gathering Friday night. They feature some circle punches, the new Tickled Pink kit from CTMH, edge distressing, a butterfly punch (I can't seem to make anything without it), and some glitter! Enjoy!!


I think I will take a marker and show how they can make a 'stitched' line for the butterfly's trail...I put the butterfly really close to the word 'friend' because I had a little ink smudge there....Also, I will let them choose the layout hey like best. Either vertical or horizontal. The word 'friend' is from Friendship Word Puzzle. Also, I didn't have any crystal blue cardstock so I used my sponge dauber and some ink to make a little bit so I could punch the butterfly from it!! Enjoy!


Ink colors: Blush, tulip, sweet leaf and crystal blue.

4 comments:

Giselle said...

very nice card..!! Happy Belated B-day..!!!

Lisa Brown said...

Awesome card, Nellie! So glad you had a Happy Birthday! Hugs to you!

Jamie Harder said...

Cute cards!! Congrats on your new scrapping storage! That is so exciting! I have a wall unit from IKEA for my scrap storage and a bunch of those cubes from Michael's for organizing paper. Everything has to be up high or my little ones get into it:)

Sarah said...

I am glad you had a happy birthday!!!!....Love your cards So simple and so beautiful! Awesome!