Monday, July 30, 2012

Retro Vacation Photos {New Orleans}

While most of my traveling in college was done with Missouri Southern State University, I did take one trip with my aunt an uncle to New Orleans. We stayed in the French Quarter so we were walking distance from lots of photo-ops. My aunt and uncle were newly into photography and it was fun to wander around the cemeteries taking pictures of the beautiful city from different angles. I'm sure we looked like tourists with all of our camera equipment, but we didn't care. (these were pre-katrina)


















We were a little worried when this guy approached us. We were afraid he was going to try to rob us. But then he did a back flip....so we gave him some cash and he went away.

To see more photos from my Retro Vacation Photo series and see where it all started click here.

2 comments:

Daydream Believer said...

These pics are FANTASTIC!

Stephanie said...

I live in New Orleans, and teach K-8 Art. I always get a kick out of seeing other people's view through their camera lens.
I enjoy your blog!! If you're ever in NOLA again, I'd happily meet you for coffee!