Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Peek into My Art Room

It is the first day of school. The past few weeks I have been working really hard to get my art rooms ready. Yes, I did say ROOMS. I am fortunate to have not only one art room, but TWO....I work in two buildings within one school district. So I have double the work before school starts in regards to bulletin boards, seating charts, and hauling the new supplies from one school to the other.

Here are a few pictures of my room. I thought I would take some pictures while it is still clean. I moved a few things around this year and I am excited about the changes. 



 The cabinets in the corner are new. I used to have a window in the corner, but they added on to our building over the summer so I lost my window. I was really sad about it, but I decided to request some storage. They don't include closets in classrooms anymore so it is tough to store all those supplies and keep the room organized.

 Last year, I had my students draw an owl for me when they finished one of their projects. I saved all the owls and put them up on my metal cabinet doors. I LOVE these little masterpieces!!
 They are all so different and so sweet. I just love them!!

2 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love the hanging paper lanterns - so colorful and warm!
Rinda

Michelle Clement said...

Oh, cute! :) The paper latterns have my heart, and the owls are darling. :)