Thursday, August 19, 2010

Orchids and Onions

In Lake Havasu, AZ the local paper, the Today's Herald has a feature called: Ochids and Onions in which local residents may write in to vent frustration or send praise things going on in the community. The entries must be 40 words or less. Do not type in all caps. Use sentence format when typing. Entries must begin with entry with 'Orchids to:' or 'Onions to:'


When I was visiting my brother this summer, I loved reading these every day in the paper. It was a way of finding out what was going on in the community. I loved it so much that I decided to have a similar feature on my blog. I will try to stick to the 40 character limit as closely as possible. Enjoy!

Onions to the construction company at my school for deciding to tar the roof on the first day. I don't want it to leak, but where were you all summer? On vacation. We noticed that you weren't working on the new addition and we are frustrated that it isn't going to be ready to use this year.

Onions to my bank for never having a pen when I go through the drive through. I can't always reach my purse if it is in the back I hate having to ask for a pen just to endorse a few checks.

Orchids to the little girl that puked on me today. It was the first day of breakfast, on your second day of school. You were scared and crying. I forgive you. Good luck in kindergarten.

Orchids to Steve at the Ozark Camp and Retreat Center. I am planning a crafting getaway in September and you have been nothing but nice and super easy to work with!

Onions to the 1st grade boy that farted during art on your first day. I know that people get gas and I tried to ignore you, but you kept going while looking at me and laughing. Not funny. Not appropriate. Oh, and stop crying whenever I you aren't following directions, you get in trouble because you need to learn how to behave.

Orchids to the teachers at my school for being so great to work with. My room was so cold today, I had to huddle next to a teacher's heater in her room to warm up during lunch.

Orchids to JRs Westernwear Gas station deli for making the most delicious, most affordable cheesecake ever created. So rich, so chocolatey, a little goes a long way. The best after school snack ever.


2 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Orchids to the sales associate in the trendy, urban store who asked me where I got my van's because he loved the color. Made my day.
Rinda

Kate Geisen said...

Oh, I hear you about the construction company. And onions to the street department that decided that the first week of school was the perfect time to tear up the ONLY road you can take to get to my school.