Sunday, August 15, 2010

4 Simple Goals

With the school year officially starting later this week, it feels like a good time to develop 4 simple goals. Thanks Elsie for the inspiration!!

These goals are things I want to accomplish before 2011.

1. Cook more meals at home. It has been a ridiculously hot summer and I have taken to eating junk these past view weeks. I am going to eat healthier lunches when school starts and try to cook 3-4 times a week so that I will have yummy and healthy leftovers. (And since you asked....tonight I am making Rhodes rolls for some BBQ pork sandwiches....and the entire house smells like rising bread)

2. Make all my Christmas cards. I am excited about this tradition. I have made my all my Christmas cards for the past 3 years. It is one of my favorite things. I love stamping...and I recently organized my craft room and I want to make as many cards as I can without buying anything.

3. Keep exercising. I started working out 10 weeks ago and I've managed to stay pretty strong running/walking 2.3 miles 3-4 times per week. I am worried that I will fall off the wagon once school starts. But if it cools off a little bit, hopefully I can keep going in the evenings. I've been doing it in the morning and I really love that but it will be impossible to do that when school starts. I woke up early last week and I thought I would try to go at like 5:30 but it was pitch black out and I only made it to the end of the walk way before a shadow spooked me, and I was so scared that I would get chased by a dog, skunk, raccoon, or scary guy.....so that isn't going to happen.

4. Do some soul searching. I feel like I need to do some planning for the future. Do I want to go back to school? Do I want to teach forever? Do I want to do something else for a while? I'm going to do some research and talk to people and figure out what I want to do, and try to figure out what I can do that will lead a rich, fulfilling life and career.

1 comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

That sounds like quite a tall order. I"ve got a week left still before school starts, so will put off a similar list for a bit.
Rinda