Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Some lessons are learned the hard way....

I think all kids go through a phase with scissors. I remember when I got my hands on a pair of scissors for the first time, I went through the house snipping random things (mom's sweaters, curtains, papers). I see little kids at school who get silly with a pair of scissors and cut their own bangs or take a big chunk out of their hair.

My little brother Gage found our dad's electric razor one time. He cut a big patch out of the top of his hair. Last week, my parent's took him to get his hair cut. Gage wanted the barber to use a '2' blade...dad made him get a '3'. When Gage got home, he found a pair of scissors (he is 9) and started cutting the top of his hair. His thinking was that dad would take him to get it fixed...and let him get it cut shorter. Nope. He thought wrong. My parents were so mad that they are making him keep his mangy new hair cut until it grows out. Yikes!

2 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

Oh no! LOL!! I am SO lucky, neither of my kids did that. I wonder if Gage will grab those scissors again???

Krista Ritskes said...

Ha ha! Too funny!