Monday, September 21, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #50



Yahoo! I am so excited to participate in this week's challenge! The requirement was to use paper piecing in our creation. Well, I had two ideas so I made both (technically I made 3!)....One has paper piecing and one does not, but I had to make it anyway.

On Sunday, a couple of friends came over and we had lunch (Panera, YUM!) while watching Pretty Woman and then we started working our our creations. I borrowed the perfect stamp set from my friend Lindsay....I have always thought this particular CTMH stamp set was sort of hook-er-ish...especially with the saying 'live fast and stay pretty' so it was perfect for my card!


I created this little lady using pieces from one stamp and parts from a couple of others....I had to sort of make the boots, but she perfectly matches Vivian at the beginning of the movie! Hehe!!


I did end up creating two paper pieced gals, here is the first one, she has a red dress, sort of Vivian @ the Opera.



Here is my original idea. I wanted to create a polka dotted origami dress and put a little shopping bag on it to bring in both the scene where she goes to the horse races and all the shopping from the movie!


Anyway, I hope you enjoy my creations this week!! I had a lot of fun with this movie.I might be posting an update with my friend's creations unless they post them on their own...Go check out Abby's, it is awesome. Lindsay's is so beautiful!! You will love them both!!

7 comments:

grammie jackie said...

Wow! Lots of cutting. I love the boots...they're so much like Vivian's. Good Job.

Carla said...

Fantastic cards!! Love what you've done with your "pretty woman" inspiration!

Lauretta See said...

wow those are great. i think you really did a good job with the challenge :)) the first card ( I LOVE IT it is so cool.. hehehe )

take care xx

Kelly said...

love your cards! great job on the boots x

Krista Ritskes said...

These cards are so cute! Looks like a tonne of work.

Nancy K said...

These are so cute Nellie! I love the first one especially -looks just like "Viv" down to the blond wig!

theneon said...

Oh yeah! I love them all -- what a great "collection" for Pretty Woman -- jealous that you got to watch the movie again with friends!