This is basically just a bedroom. Originally, my space was just a desk in the corner of a bedroom. In the last year, I have purchased several items to help organize my growing supplies, gotten rid of the bed and I have now taken over the entire room. It is all mine.
The new furniture is on the right. My desk is in front of the chair, it is on wheels, very nice for vacuuming thousands of tiny scraps! The wall art....well...those are
just some black and white photos from college...and the wicker shelf is for displaying cards at workshops and my open house. Those will be leaving that wall whenever I get some new shelving...eventually....
I got some new wooden blinds for the windows and it is very easy to let in the natural light. I have a list of things I still need to make it complete, but I think it will always be a work in progress. I would like to get some wall-mounted shelving and some track lighting eventually. I also need another 'cube' storage unit, as the top of one of the dressers now holds 3 cubes. I also need a place to put my paper cutter, right now it is on a wooden chair!
That marker holder is an old wine bottle rack. And I thought I would tell you that my new stamp pad tower is awesome. I organize my stamp pads as either HOT, COLD, or NEUTRAL. This is the same system I use for my cardstock.
The DH looks at this shelf and says, "What is all that?" Well, I could probably organize all the things on this shelf a little better, but that is a project for another day.
I spent most of Saturday morning cleaning, vacuuming and organizing this room. I haven't done much cleaning in a while so I went through scrap boxes. After working on my Twilight book all day, this is what the room looked like on Sunday!
Just after spring break, I decided to break out an old canvas and see what I could do with it. I painted over the started-but-forgotten butterfly painting with a thin coating of white paint. Then I started punching and cutting butterflies out of scraps of cardstock. I did buy a set of chipboard butterflies from K&Co. to use as tracers. I attached all the butterflies with either glue dots or modge podge. I inked the edges of the canvas with black ink as a finishing touch...This now hangs in my newly painted turquoise hallway. The hallway is a little dark, even with lights on, so this isn't the best photo, but I just thought I would share! It would be great to do this for a baby's room in pinks.