Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Life is good!!


A few weeks ago, I learned how to make a paper ice cream cone via this tutorial over at the Angie's Blog. She has a lot of simple creations for workshops and things, I just love her videos!

Anyway, last night I really wanted to make something for fun and ignore my to-do list (Mother's Day cards, graduation cards, designing cards for a June workshop, etc.) So I was browsing blogs and I came across this great color 'challenge' over at Jeanette Lynton's blog!



I am super excited because these are Close to My Heart colors!! I will be looking forward to this weekly posting: !! Yay!!!

Anyway, here is my set of ice cream cone cards based on the colors and the tutorial. I have changed the cone a little bit to make it my own....but it is basically the same. Everything is CTMH, except the ribbon...those are just some random bows I had laying around. If you have any questions, please ask! Enjoy!!



***I was just thinking my cards looked a lot darker than the examples on her site....that is because I accidentally used Crystal Blue instead of Heavenly blue...ooops!! All well, they still look alright!!******

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This rocks Nellie!!! I love the icecream cone and am now craving ice cream LOL! Love your take on those colors.

Laurel said...

Wow, way to go with the color challenge!