Monday, May 11, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #31

Today I was so excited to come home and make cards for this week's Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge. The movie this week is Steel Magnolias. I had never seen this movie until I watched it on YouTube yesterday. Wow. Sad. Not a good idea to watch it on Mother's Day. It was sooo sad! It was also hilarious. If you have never seen it, I recommend it! Also, all day at school today I kept hearing and saying the name Shelby...I never realized it, but I have a Shelby in every one of my Monday classes....

My favorite character was Truvy, played by the fabulous Dolly Parton. Here are a few of my favorite quotes: (I was especially inspired by the last one for this week's cards...I couldn't make just one!)
Truvy: In a good shoe, I wear a size six, but a seven feels so good, I buy a size eight.
Honey, time marches on and eventually you realize it is marchin' across your face.
Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion.
I have a strict policy that nobody cries alone in my presence.
Smile! It increases your face value.

One of the requirements this week was to use PINK:
Shelby: My colors are "blush" and "bashful."
M'Lynn: Her colors are "pink" and pink."
Shelby: My colors are "blush" and "bashful" Mama!
Shelby: Pink is my signature color.


Here are my cards. At one point at the end, someone (I think Sally Field) says that 'they are Tickled Pink'....I HAD to use my new Tickled pink paper. Also, since the wedding colors were blush and bashful, I used plenty of blush ink and card stock!

Life is Good. Card # 1




Love is like a butterfly. Card #2 (I forgot to photograph the inside...it says 'it goes where it pleases, and pleases where it goes'...a perfect quote for this movie!)



Smile. It increases your face value. Card #3

6 comments:

Sarah said...

OHHHH I love your pink trees card!!! I just used this set for the first time tonight. I am LOVING yours it is wonderful. I also love that movie..but I can't watch it because I cry.
Your Smile card is so pretty as is the love is like a butterfly one.
Great job I am so jealous LOL

Chat Noir said...

Clever you making three. Don't you love it when inspiration hits with a big BANG!! These are all lovely but my favourite is the trees. The colours are perfect.

Anonymous said...

Oh, these are fabulous!! Don''t ya just love pink? I watched the movie and cried buckets:) I think you did a great job with the challenge. Love your blog:0)

Jaimee said...

stunning cards just love the pink trees!

scrapperjulia said...

I love all your cards especially the pink trees card. Great idea!

LORi said...

Love your cards!!! thanks for helping me to find Cinema Creative challenge Blog!!!