Jeanette's Color Me Monday colors this week are so great!! I was very ready to 'jump for juniper' this week!!
Here are my cute little 'anytime' cards made using the new 'You're a Hoot' stamp set. I colored the branch by inking it with desert sand and then using a Juniper marker on the leaves before stamping it. I used the brush end of my marker and it sort of wiped off the desert sand...I did clean the tip after a couple of leaves so it wouldn't get stained brown. I really like how the leaves look in person, I will definitely be doing this technique again.
After trimming the branch out and adhering it to the card, I added liquid glass to the leaves to make them shine. I didn't have a speck of vanilla cream in the house so I used a scrap of B&T from 'That's Amore' and a scrap of B&T from 'Perfect Day' on my card base. After finishing the card, I realized it needed some more texture, so I used my paper piercer around the edges and added some desert sand with a sponge.
I absolutely love the journaling frames from 'Frame of Mind' for cards...not just scrapbook pages. They are soo cool, I really love to layer them, like I have done here.
Sometimes when I make something for a challenge, I end up making two or more things. This happens for many reasons:
1. I don't like sketches, so I just play around with the elements until I find something I like.
2. After a lot of trial and error, I have left over parts and I want to use them on a new card.
3. The first one isn't good enough and I think I can do better.
4. I really enjoy the combination of colors and images and I have to keep going until the idea is seen all the way through or I get tired of it.
5. I have just a few leftovers, perfect for a mini-card or tag
6. I think of a new sentiment or idea that just won't fit on the original card.
7. The original card doesn't work at all....and I end up turning it into two smaller cards (sort of what happened here)
8. I just can't let one tiny scrap go into the scrap box forever...I have to use it immediately, or else it will just be forgotten and wasted....
9. I have a lot of time left before I need to drag myself to do laundry or some other chore (or bed)...so I use the time to 'keep going'...my mojo is still working, so I just continue on with the same idea, rather than try to start something new.
10. I stamp something I don't like and then I figure out a way to use it, or cover it up...sometimes this means going back to something I have placed in the 'discard' pile.