Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day Card and Reminder, Open House tonight 7:00 pm

***Reminder, Open House tonight 7:00 pm**** Email me with your phone number if you need directions!!


Last night I was working on some cards an I found the remnants of last year's Mother's Day cards. The envelopes were never finished, but they were stamped and shoved back into the sack of coordinating papers. I don't really remember what the cards looked like or how they turned out...but compared to what I have been creating lately, I know they weren't all that great.

Last year at this time, I wasn't a blogger. I did not participate in challenges. I did not photograph my artwork. Amazingly, I have hundreds of photos on my computer of my work since last July. Blogging keeps me accountable because of the writing, audience, and reflective process.

Anyway, here is my mother's day card this year. It is a criss cross card. I will be teaching my card club how to make these next month. The paper pack, Tickled Pink is only available for National Scrapbooking Month and I love it!



Nearly everything is CTMH. The 'Happy Mother's Day' is from an old wooden stamp that I had from years ago. I stamped it in Versamark and used chalk over the lettering. The brad in the the middle of the flower is K&Co. (super pretty in person!) and the white ribbon is from my stash. Anyway, these were fun to make...I had to make 3 because I have a mom, step-mom and MIL. Enjoy!!


Oh, and here are some pretty may flowers for you.I was having fun playing around with some of the settings on my camera.The irises were practically destroyed the next day from a bad storm that came through. The peonies smell fantastic! I have 3 vases in my house right now!!


No comments: