Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge- The Wizard of Oz

I am snowed in!! I have been working on many crafting projects and this week I really thought a lot about what I would do for this movie. I love the Wizard of Oz, but I have had a lot of trouble coming up with something great. That has been happened to me a lot recently with these challenges....I made a horrible scrapbook page for the Lord of the Rings Challenge...and I haven't attempted many of the others lately because I haven't seen the movie. So, here goes!





I love Brooke's Tin Man Card, but I decided to go with a scrapbook page. This page showcases my love for taking random pictures of the sky. These photos were taken several years ago, before I had a digital camera. I have had them in a box and I wasn't sure what to do with them, but this challenge helped me to find the story and tell it....I also had to add something metallic as part of the challenge so I put a little gold heart with wings on the layout. The little graphics are from paperstreet's etsy store. I purchased a sheet of collage graphics and printed them from my home printer. The letters were stamped and then cut out of scrap paper....I don't have any sort of laser cutter. There isn't anything too fancy on this layout, a bit of paper piercing here, some punch action there. In case you can't tell, the photos are of a rainbow.....hence the 'somewhere' title above the photos....Anyway, this was a lot of fun to make!! Enjoy!

9 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

Oh! This is darling, Nellie! Love the circles along the top! Thanks for sharing!

Cindy said...

Great LO! This was a great deal of work cutting out the circles at the top!

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

This is a great idea for a LO, Nellie. I took a picture last year & it is tucked away. Thanks for the inspiration. I Love the Somewhere type ... nice cutting, I'm challenged with scissors.

Kim Marie said...

This is really great! Love the faces along the top! Perfect for a road trip LO!
Kim Marie

Ann said...

So fun! I love the LO, especially the little faces across the top!

zukesgirl said...

I think that is so cool --- I love the circles at the top!

Brooke S said...

Ahhhh! Thanks fir the sweet comment.. I {heart} you...

I love that you scrapbooked the everyday things. I think it;s so important to have our postarity know how we felt about thinks like the shy and rainbows.. Journaling it is like a window to our souls...

The lettering is so perfect all the different colors and patterns. The back ground is my favorite color, and the circles are a perfect touch.

Love Ya,
Hugs
Brooke

Jules said...

Love your scrapbook page! I zoomed in to get a really good look.
Love what you wrote about the sky, and your photos are great too!

Sam said...

This page is fabulous! Such a wonderful idea for photographs like these! I like your journalling very much :-).

Best wishes,
Sam.