Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Two Challenges in ONE

***A quick edit to show the difference between night and day pictures. The first two pictures were taken with natural lighting by a window with a white backdrop. The pictures at the end of the blog were taken at night with a lamp.***







Okay, so I really love the Cinema Saturday Creative Movie Challenges, but I don't always have time every week to make something. Last week I made a scrapbook page, but I never got a chance to post it!! The snow day today provided me with the perfect opportunity to scrap these great pictures from the summer of 2007. We were in Tulsa, OK and we went to the iMAX to see the newest Harry Potter Movie in 3-D. It was awesome!!! The two-page layout I created involves lots of gold embossing powder instead of the so saffron. The color inspiration comes from Kristina Werner's Challenge #35 this week.



The blue in my layout is from a really beautiful paper pack from Close to My Heart, it is twilight instead of baja breeze. The door on the left page is hinged so I can slide my journaling under there. The 'golden' snitch is made from some chipboard dimensionals that have been embossed and the wing is from a Christmas ornament that I got from PierOne....I bought a few seeing their potential!!! The big letters at the top are die-cuts and I just added a lot of embossing powder to them. I also made the hinges and handle on the door match. The door has been dry embossed and inked to make it look a little bit older. I did find a really cool Harry Potter font here....but I downloaded it too late...I had already spent hours looking at my layout, figuring out what it was missing. Sorry if the lighting is a bit off....I took these pics at night (because I am pretty sure we will be going back to school tomorrow) and the glossy pics and gold embossing powder had a lot of reflection.

3 comments:

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

Nellie, this is INCREDIBLE. Can't believe you could combine the two challenges in 1 and I just love the spread. Wonderful job.

Anonymous said...

awesome pages Nellie, I am not a scrapper but I can appreciate beauty when I see it...very nicely done!

Traveling Mama said...

Cute page and such fun pics! TFS!