Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #8


Wow!! There are some really beautiful cards for this challenge, but I haven't done a Cinema Saturday Creative Movie Challenge in a while. I have been busy getting ready for Christmas. Most of my shopping is done and I am trying to get the final finishing touches on my hand-made gift items. This week's challenge is Miracle on 34th Street. I made two cards!!! I love this movie and I have to say that Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year....so many opportunities to craft and make cards!!!

If you are viewing this card from the Miracle on 34th Street challenge, you can look at my other Christmas cards here.



For this card, I used some Close to My Heart stamps on the red panel and some Basic Grey paper. The Santa is from CTMH, and he has some liquid applique on his beard. A fun and easy card!



I wanted to make a blue Santa so I stamped him and used a water pen to fill him in. He features a little bit of silver gel pen. Other than that, the ribbon is from my stash and the paper and stamps are CTMH.



Also, before I forget....Here is a Christmas Thank you card. Fellow blogger Cathy is offering some blog candy, she is new to blogging and she is going to post lots of new things over the next month. Check out her great work!! The paper for this card is Basic Grey.

9 comments:

Cassie said...

Your blue Santa is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Nellie, Great cards, I like the liquid applique and the blue gives a great twist!
Cathy

Sankari W. said...

HI Nellie!

Love your Santa cards - the ribbon and liquid applique on the first santa gives the card so much great texture - lovely! and the blue santa is beautiful - love the silver and the watercoloring with the water pen - what a great idea! lovely!!!

You are so on top of things to have already finished all your christmas shopping and working on little handmade things now -- wow!! i am so not even close - i have t organize my son's bday party and only then can figure out the shopping... aie!!!

so glad that you could play along in these weekly challenges!!! sending you a ton of happy wishes!!!
Sankari :)

Kathryn said...

How Wonderful - -Love that Santa so much!! :)

Sherri said...

All so pretty!

zukesgirl said...

That Santa stamp is awesome! I love what you did with it in the different colors -- changes the whole tone of the stamp.

Beautiful paper on your tankyou card too - that ribbon adds just the right touch

Jules said...

Beautiful cards!
That Santa is really cute!

Ann said...

I love the liquid applique beard, and the blue & silver Santa is awesome! Thanks for playing along! :D

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Lovely cards, Nellie. So glad I was able to find your post on Cathy's blog!