Friday, April 16, 2010

Guest Blogger: 'Old Hollywood Style'

Sarah is a local friend who recently started a blog (because I told her that she HAD to!) about her amazing makeup skills. I asked her to be a guest blogger because I know you will love her tutorials, I hope you go check them out. Her personality is so fun and her videos are amazing! ~Nellie




I wanted to do an 'Old School Hollywood' series...so naturally I thought immediately of Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe...but you know what? Everyone makes tutorials for Audrey and Marilyn. Honestly, Audrey Hepburn is my idol. She's so classy and beautiful, and Marilyn just oozes classic sex appeal..BUT- I wanted to do something different.



Lucille Ball.

Comedian. TV icon. These may be some things you think of when you think of Lucille Ball.
I admit, I know nearly nothing about pinups and rockabilly style. I think the style is great, but I know nothing about it-and it's not something I think of when I think of Lucille Ball. But really, with the neutral eyes, the false lashes, dark liner on the top lids, and the bright lips-not to mention the occasional bandana-all a big recipe for the classic pinup style makeup. So Lucille Ball it is.
Things you'll need to do to achieve this look:


  • Eyeshadow: Neutral browns!
  • False lashes of course! (If you need help with this, here is my tutorial on apply false lashes)
  • Black liquid liner only on the top lash line.
  • Eyebrows: Lose those arches! Her brows are smoothly rounded.
  • For the lips, make sure you use a lip pencil and exaggerate that upper lip outside of your natural lip line. (But don't forget to make a deep "V") Now add the bright lipstick.
I was going to post my tutorial here, but unfortunately, the file is about 4 times too big.
So instead, just click below and it'll take you right to the video!
Lucille Ball Tutorial!


I hope you enjoyed the look and feel free to check out my BLOG and YouTube channel for more tutorials, looks, tips & tricks!
Muchos Besos,
Sarah Mae

No comments: