Thursday, February 11, 2010

Love Letter Challenge 2010


{2nd Annual} Love Letter to Myself,

(This text will be part of a scrapbook layout...soon....)


Food. I have eaten far too much junk food this week including McDonald's Chicken nuggets with honey...and donut holes....And fried appetizers...the kind that sound so good but after you eat them you are too full to eat anything healthy and you just feel guilty and gross.....and I just can't stop myself.

School. It has been good. Well...it has been up and down. But that is normal. Otherwise it has been good. School is usually good if I am 'on'. If I am putting on a show and staying cool, calm and collected...most of the time school is good. Sometimes I think about what my life would be like if I wasn't a teacher. If I had a normal job. If I wasn't on stage...putting on the show...juggling all the balls...putting out the fires...settling the disputes... Life in a kids world is much different than life with adults. I love what I do but I don't know if I will do this forever. I feel like I need to push myself to do more.

Family. I am trying to call my parents more. They need me right now.

Style. Um....I am addicted to understanding my own style. I haven't really thought too much beyond regular accessories until now. I read style blogs. I look at red carpet pictures to try to pin point what I like and why. I started wearing liquid eyeliner this week. My toenails are blue. I've been buying vintage broaches and tons of yarn for crafting projects. I wore a vintage lace shirt today. I have bangs for the first time in my life. yeah.

Crafts. I love scrapbooking. I love cards. I just learned to crochet. I love the process of creating something new...but I am usually in a hurry. I am not a perfectionist. I make mistakes. I creatively try to cover up my mistakes or make them work even when they are completely accidental. I try to do too many things at once. When I am in the mood to create, it is all I can think about. When I am not in the mood...I don't even want to look at the door of my craft room.

The Gist: I don't always make the healthiest food choices and I don't always feel completely satisfied with my career, but I am learning new skills and trying new crafting adventures to keep me motivated and happy. I am generally happy with the way that I look (thank you good lighting in the school's staff bathroom and my full length mirror!!!) I wish I had more energy to exercise. I am half way done with my invisalign treatment and I am so glad that I decided to do it. I feel so much more confident with the way that I look. I am fighting a hard fight against cavities...I eat far too much sugar and drink super sugary drinks but I am brushing and flossing as often as possible without being obsessive and I am trying to change my bad habits. Of course there are a few things about my appearance I would change if I could (bags under my eyes and overly curvatious stomach area) I have good skin, as long as I moisturize, and I have great hair and nails. Lately I have been far too cynical. I need to focus on positive energy and making people laugh without being sarcastic. I need to give more genuine compliments. I need to make a Valentine for the janitors....(ugh...might be too late to get them done on time-GAH!) Anyway, I guess that is all for now.

Sorry to get all 'me' on this post. Sometimes I just need to step back and reflect. Last year I participated in a blog challenge and I thought it would be fun to do it again. See last year's layout here. I have the pictures and the journaling...now I get to put it all together...(as soon as I get these photos printed!)

2 comments:

melissa said...

love this! i might have to give it a try too!

and yes, kid's world is sooo much different than adult world. And unless you're in it, you don't really get it. It's crazy all the things we have to balance ALL DAY!! :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

Your post rocks - love how you responded to the challenge!
rinda