Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Knob Noster.

Each fall I look forward to the Missouri Art Education Association conference. It is held at the Camp BobWhite State Park in Knob Noster, Missouri near Warrensburg. It is a good three hour drive to the campground and the accommodations are notably primitive. We sleep in bunk beds in a cabin without air conditioning or heat. The presentations and demonstrations are held in open air tents. The local Boy Scout troop prepares our meals (and I must say, the food is fantastic--bread bowls with soup, BBQ and biscuits and gravy--all of my favorite foods). Perhaps the best thing about Knob Noster is the camaraderie among the people. Every single person there is an art teacher, and every person at the conference does the same job on a day-to-day basis so there is always someone to talk to who 'gets it'. It is one of my favorite things of the year....it is a place where I can be myself.






You can read more details from Knob Noster conferences in previous posts.
Knob Noster 2010, Knob Noster 2009

And from last year, 2011....I guess I never posted these photos.


I needle felted this iPhone case last year.....to match my ugly sweater. Isn't it awesome!

No comments: