Monday, April 18, 2011

So inspired by Art Lounge

I haven't even had time to share the new class I am teaching at the local art center.

Art Lounge, a hip safe place for students to explore the visual arts.

Each week a group of 14-18 year-old students meet at the art center for art making and dinner. It is super fun to work with the older students, I really love it!

One aspect of the class is creating a group artists blog.
The students designed and named the blog: Art Juggler. 
Check it out and be come a  follower here!

One of my goals for the class is to share with them living, breathing artists so they can get a feel for what it is like to be a real artist in this world, and they can learn how to use technology to share their work with an audience.

Here are a few recent projects:

Polaroid Self-Portraits 
Inspired by Danny Brito's Polaroid Project
I shared this interview with my students. 

Shadow Street Art
Inspired by Color Me Katie 
See more of her street art here.
Read about our adventures here and here.



Paint-By-Number Style Acrylic Canvas Paintings 
Inspired by the Birds of a Feather blog


This week, we are working on 'Action Figure Self-Portraits'. I will share the details soon! Be sure to check out the http://artjuggler.blogspot.com/ Share the link with anyone you think might be interested! Thanks for reading!

No comments: