Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Slowly, I am trying to resurrect all of my old entries from my MySpace blog. I do not use MySpace anymore, but when I did use it, I wrote a lot of funny school stories down and I don't want them to be forgotten. I just re-read some things that I had completely forgotten about...wow...great stories! 

I also wrote some personal stories. In honor of Easter, I thought it would be fun to share the following post from March 22nd, 2008.

Recently, my brother and I reminisced about Easters from the past. Two stick out in my mind.

The first entertaining memory was the year I turned 7, Easter Sunday was my birthday. 


A very exciting thing for a 7 year old because not only do you get to wake up to a giant, glorious basket filled with goodies at the foot of your bed, but IT IS YOUR BIRTHDAY, the most exciting day of the year.... with all the presents and cake and party. 


My grandparents were coming over and I got to wear those white sponge rollers in my hair the night before to make my hair curly and beautiful and prettiest princess Easter dress. My cousins would be there, and my brother, and we would have a fun egg hunt, galloping around the yard with a pink basket full of treasures, searching through the yellow daffodil patches for bright, shiny eggs that we had colored the night before...(and maybe a few plastic ones from grandma and grandpa filled with candy or even money) YAY! The greatest day ever!

HAH! Greatest rip off ever.

Someone in my family had the brilliant idea that the LITTLE kids (my cousins and brother) should go first to get a head start on the egg hunt. 


And, me, being the oldest kid in the group should WAIT in the house for a few minutes while the others had time to look so as not to rush around and get all the good eggs first....


As I was standing in the doorway, waiting impatiently for my turn to be released into the clover-covered yard, trying not to spot all the plain-sighted eggs and be accused of cheating....I see my brother...as if in slow motion...head down the hill...he makes a beeline for the gray, metal water meter in the yard.....


Then, I hear his bratty little voice...."I GOT THE PRIZE EGG" "I GOT IT" "KEE KEE KEE"....that annoying little laugh echoed in my ears as I dashed off to my room and flung myself on my bed. 


Nearing tears, I hear my mother and grandmother calling for me to join the hunt. "What is the point now?" "Jeremy already got the prize egg".....Prize egg??? Yeah. the most beautifully wrapped, sugar icing, cake-filled egg that you have ever seen......And it was all for him....There was also a second, smaller ’prize’ egg that was snatched up by my younger cousin before I could even get outside.... 


RIP OFF Easter birthday....

This whole thing is on video and it is the funniest thing ever to watch now.....

The second funniest Easter memory that I have is from a year or two later. 


We went to my grandparents house for easter and my grandma had given everyone a peanut butter filled chocolate egg. It was almost too pretty to eat.


At some point during the day, I realized that my egg was missing....hmmmm....


It had been sitting on the floor beside the couch....As I hunted for my lost egg, I spotted the wrapper....ripped, torn and annihilated with tiny dog teeth marks....


Tippy, a scraggly little mutt who could dance around in a circle if you waved a treat above her head....had apparently smelled the yummy peanut butter and decided to have her own little fantastic Easter feast. 


She had eaten half of MY egg.... Another ’prize’ egg runied....the funniest part...Dogs aren’t really supposed to have chocolate and peanut butter....


Tippy had a little hiding of her own to do later when she left the giant egg behind, she hid it right at the bottom of the stairs. When my grandpa came downstairs, he found Tippy’s surprise with his bare feet...he stepped right into the warm pile of dog puke....


It made him SO mad...I don’t know who mas more angry...Tippy, Me or my Grandpa... 

No comments: