Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Baby Shower Gift Ideas

One of my goals this year was to go back to some of the online classes I signed up for last year (style school, summer camp, home ec) and actually try a few more of the projects.

Two teachers at school are expecting and I really wanted to make them something special for their shower gift. So I decided to make a quilted baby bib for each of them. Luckily they are both having boys, so that made it simple to make 2 of everything.  The 'VWX' fabric is from a sesame street sheet I got at the Salvation Army. I went there recently and bought a bunch of sheets--they are a perfect supply of solid and printed fabrics at a reasonable price -- some were only $2 or $3 for queen-sized materials.
This baby bib was fun to make and it was really easy. I will definitely make it again!
These designer burp cloths are not from any of the online classes I have taken. I actually got the idea from a friend.
It is a cloth diaper, with some pretty fabric and a ribbon added to make it more 'designer'. Super easy to make!!
I put two burp cloths, a quilted baby bib and a book together for a nice little shower gift.
Oh, and I used some of the leftover fabric to make a drawstring gift bag. Super easy and cheap!! (I think I got the basic idea from one of the online classes, but I don't remember which one.
If you are looking for any hand made baby gift ideas, these were very easy and cheap, hope this post helped!

No comments: