Monday, October 27, 2008

Saturday Movie Challenge #3




Okay....so I have put a lot of thought into this entry. I looked at the movie Saturday and did a little bit of planning yesterday. I couldn't just NOT do this Cinema Saturday Creative challenge. (Again....I haven't seen this movie either! I am super embarrassed....I know, I KNOW!....it is from my generation and this is just the sort of movie that I would've loved....but I never watched it....I had to look for clips and pics online for my ideas, again.)

The main inspiration that really stuck with me was the giant swirl in front of the moon. It is the kind of lasting image that resonates with a viewer. I don't have a lot of Halloween stuff....but I had one lonely pumpkin stamp (CTMH) and some black embossing powder. The heart is from Close to My Heart's chipboard shapes. I got to use my embossing pen and some chalk pastels on this project to add some color and depth to the overall card. I also layered the elements of the card with sticky dots and foam squares to give it some dimensional qualities. Anyway, I hand cut the spiral and used my Coluzal cutting system for the moon. Enjoy!






And, I must say...this card isn't totally a Halloween card with the added heart at the top...But I don't know if I will ever be able to give it away. I want to put it in a frame and enjoy it. I love the aesthetic of the giant swirl and the contrast with the moon...sort of merging Vincent Van Gogh with Tim Burton...

5 comments:

Stamp Your Art Out said...

I would love to see this one in person. Can you bring it to the unit meeting? It's cool!

Y~

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

Cool. It definitely has that 'Starry, Starry Night' feel too it too. Great card.

Sherri said...

Very well done - I love the heart!!

zukesgirl said...

oh how cool - I totally love your interpretation of it!

Sankari W. said...

Oh Nellie - I love the purple sky aginst the moon and the way you did your textures are beautiful! I LOVE those pumpkins and the way you did your hills! I know what you mean about not being able to give it away! I have mine tucked away ... maybe next year!! You should totally frame your card! It is gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for playing along! I love to come over and see your creations! I am sorry for not coming over earlier to comment, my daughter has been sick and just in the last 2 days, my son got sick too -- its been quite intense around here.... but always a pleasure to come over to your blog!!
Hope you can play along this week too!!
Best wishes,
Sankari :)