Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge Card # 1


On of my favorite bloggers has started a new challenge site! Every Saturday a new movie inspired challenge will be posted. Check it out at Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge.

I am soo excited to post my card for their first challenge. What a great way to be inspired! This week's movie is Pride and Prejudice. I haven't seen the movie nor have I read the novel, but after watching tons of YouTube videos and trailers for both the 1995 and 2005 movies, I was thoroughly inspired.

In this card, I used some lace to mimic all of the ruffles from the movie, a chipboard shape, a pearl straight pin, and some scrap brown ribbon...I decided that it wouldn't be a good period piece without some gold embossing and a Jane Austen quote sticker from 7 Gypsies...the main stamps are from Close to My Heart (I have to pull out every stamp I have and look at them all to find the right ones) and the ink color is Chocolate. Thanks Sankari for a great challenge!!



6 comments:

Sankari W. said...

Wow! I lLOVE your card - it is just so elegant and gorgeous - I love the papers and colors that you chose for these colors - the papers actually look like the fabric worn in this period and in the movie! love the way that you did the technique with the hatpin and the ribbon - that is beautiful! and the touch of lace is beautiful with the quote...

when i was making this card - i spent sooo much time on youtube watching little clips and snippets -- oh! and I totally fell more and more in love with this movie.... someday you have to see the BBC version (it is 6 hours - but totally worth it) . The first time I watched it - I wasn't really sure if I was going to like it - but by the end of the first hour - I was totally hooked and couldn't stop!! LOL! And I guess I am a little partial - but the BBC version has Colin Firth playing Mr. Darcy - and after watching that - no one else quite compares in my book.... I still get a little swoon-y when I watch him as Mr. Darcy... :)

Thank you so much for playing along!!!! You are such a sweetheart and like all your creations - this card is just beautiful!

Can't wait to see what you come up with for next saturday's challenge! Hope your weekend was wonderful!

Sending you lots of sunshine :)
Sankari :)

Brooke S said...

Oh my Gosh!!! You totally captured the spirit of Jane Austin... For someone who has never seen it you sure didn't leave out any details.... I was picturing vintage lace on my card I just couldn't find what I was looking for in my sewing scraps.. So that you for challeling that desire and making a card with it....I MUST find to 7Gyspey sticker... I will probalby never even use the I will just pin them up were I can look at them for ever.. MAybe I will buy a few so I can play...

Thanks so much for playing along with us and supporting our new venture.. I look forward to seeing more works of art form you...
Hugs
Brooke

Sherri said...

This is absolutely beautiful!! I love the embossings...I love the script in the background...I love the quote you chose...all so lovely!

And I'm thrilled that maybe this challenge will lead to you seeing one of my very favourite films for the first time!!

Sue said...

Your card is lovely. I like the quote you chose for it too.
Sue.

Ann said...

OMGosh, this is totally gorgeous and PERFECT for this movie! You rocked this challenge, girl! :D

Sherri said...

I already said I love this - but I wanted to comment again to congratulate you on your 'Audrey' award!