Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Things I am loving right now....

This may not be the most interesting assortment of things....but I don't really care....My life is a bit boring at the moment---I haven't discovered any new movies or music to write about so I thought I would tell you about my favorite beauty and food finds this week.

I am obsessed with everything Mrs. Meyer's....especially the Basil scent....and the packaging! I just made a big online order for a bunch more good stuff! I have had my lavender soy candle burning, burning, burning since I bought it!



Avocados. I either made guacamole or are sliced avocados every week in May...and I keep buying them--delicious!

Crystal curls. This time of year I like to scrunch my hair and let it air dry rather than sit and sweat under the blow dryer. I just scrunch it up with some of this magic potion and I really love the texture it gives my long waves.....it is sort of like a jell, but better.


Brie cheese. Oh. My. Goodness. Brie, where have you been all my life. I am used to cheese platters with cheddar and swiss....nothing fancy....but I am slightly addicted to this French cheese from Sam's club--affordable, and delicious!

Cucumbers. Especially English Cucumbers---Oh so delicious. I have been replacing crackers and chips with cucumbers for my guacamole dip...I've been slicing up the cucumbers and placing a chunk of brie cheese on top--yummy yummy yummy!



Blue. I am wearing a blue shirt right now.....and I've been using the heck out of some pthalo blue paint! I recently finished this blue owl for a show I am having in June...(details coming soon!) I have never really been one to choose blue....but lately it just feels right. I've been using lots of blue...and wearing it too.


Bleh....I start teaching summer school today. I wish I could be sitting on my porch with a cup of tea enjoying a beautiful summer morning....but I have to work this summer.....all well....I am working with older students, aged 4th-6th grade...so I know it will be a lot of fun....

3 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Aaack! Summer school - I have to check my calendar to see if I'm due back on the 8th or the 15th.
rinda

Jess Mireles said...

Saying hi from 'tell your story' class!

And I love avocados!!! they're amazing =]

<3 Jess

Natalie said...

Love your painting of the owl :)