Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mini Journal

I am so glad that I decided to take the "Tell Your Story" art journal class. It has been amazingly inspirational. Also, I have enjoyed getting together every week with a good friend, Angela. We met via Flickr and realized that we lived near each other so we get together every week and force ourselves to work on the prompts. I've managed to stay pretty caught up. Not every page is completely finished (even though the class just ended, sad face) I can go back to the ones that aren't quite done when I am feeling inspired, or when I fee like finishing them.

The pages in this post are from a mini-journal that we learned how to make in the class. Basically, I selected pages from a favorite catalog and folded them in half and stitched down the middle for a perfectly sized, perfectly beautiful art journal to take on-the-go. These images are from a recent Urban Outfitters catalog.
I love the cover. Nellielicious. Its a book of confessions and realizations.
This page isn't really finished, but I like looking at it.

The idea is to draw, paint, write, collage on the pages when we are feeling inspired. Its a great way to up-cycle these beautiful publications after we look at them!



My centerfold....I love this picture... I can hardly wait to finish it!! I'm waiting until I have something perfect to write on the sand.
A pretty little thieves' inspired page!


2 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

what a great idea for a journal! I'll have to put it in my idea file.
rinda

Unknown said...

i love your version!!! LOADS! i really like making these.. im just about to grab some coffee and fill mine in more! :D