Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Extreme Happiness....here comes summer....

Yesterday morning I came into my craft room to grab a card for some police officers who have been helping with our summer school program.

As I flipped through my card box and my card basket, I realized that with all of the cards I have on hand...nothing seemed quite right.



Worst of all, I didn't have time to make anything! My goal while I am on summer break is to make more masculine cards! I am sure that the guys didn't mind, I did have spinach artichoke dip, chips, brownies, cookies and a huge banner signed by our students....but it would've been nice to give them a hand made card. (I will probably make one and mail it soon!)

And now for a few cards. These aren't for a challenge, they are just for fun! I love this stamp set: Extreme Happiness. It is a beautiful tropical flower that is perfect for lots of layouts and cards. I am sure you will be seeing it again soon.




I got the idea to use turquoise for the flower from a great blog that I follow, Kelly Jo's Stamp pad. She used a similar color combination for a color challenge. I haven't had time to play along with any color challenges lately, but I still love great color combinations.

Here I used the back of the stamped flower to create a white version of it. I saw something similar in the idea book. I inked the edges with a foam dauber to give it some color, but I love the white!!



I will be doing this little 4X4 card at a home gathering/workshop on Wednesday. It has some cute prisma glitter on the flower!


6 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

Fabulous card!! The colors are beautiful and I love the added glitter!!

Sarah said...

I LOVE all of your cards..That blue is just perfect.

Meredith said...

Very cute--love the glitter on the flower. This is one of my favorite sets--

Lisa Brown said...

Very pretty< Nellie! Love that flower!

Krista Ritskes said...

So cute! I love the white one, too.

Ann said...

WOW!!! That flower is gorgeous with those colors and sparkle!