Friday, March 20, 2009

Color Inspiration Challenge #46



Yahoo!! I was so excited to see that this week's color inspiration challenge had a really light blue. I have been playing around with embossing on vellum. I got a new silver pearl embossing powder so I put Versamark on the stamp and then Crystal blue ink, then I sprinkle with the powder and it gives me this great pearly blue, perfect for butterfly wings. Anyway, this card is for Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration challenge #46.

Don't ya just love that foundry bookplate. I decided to leave off black and use this dark metal as a substitute. At the bottom, I did some paper piercing and faux stitching with a white jell pen. I also use a Martha Stewart lace punch for the patterned paper. The ribbon is some that I had in my stash and the pearl pin is a corsage pin, quickly becoming one of my favorite things to use on a card!! Enjoy!!

10 comments:

Winter said...

Love , love, love! Top pick for sure!

Anonymous said...

What a perfect card! Absoulutly awesome

Sylvia said...

What a very pretty card.

Sankari W. said...

Holy Moly - what a stunner!!! You rocked this Nellie!!! LOVE it!!!

Sarah said...

Soooo cute! That faux stitching looks SO real!

Britta Swiderski said...

Wonderful card! I love all the layering and texture- great job!

KatieTurtle said...

What a great techinque! I love the butterfly!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Beautiful card. Love it!

Unknown said...

wow! Just gorgeous! I love that butterfly.

Lindsay said...

nice card.... great use of the challenge colours!